Sunday, January 28, 2007

bulgarian male, 33

Age: 33
Sex: male
Nationality: Bulgarian
Education: Higher Education
Occupation: Administration worker

What did you think about Romania and Romanians before your first contacts with this country or its inhabitants?
I was very curious because I had heard all sorts of stories, mostly unpleasant but as I’m not naturally prejudiced I wanted to have my own opinion of the country and its people.

Did this image change after getting to know a Romanian or after visiting the country? How?
In a way, it did. I was amazed by the architecture of Bucharest. It’s called Le Petit Paris for a reason. I also found its people to be warm-hearted and very friendly. On the other hand, there are certain places that should be avoided there at all cost as they are very dangerous indeed. I was able to get a very real sense of this danger on the way back as well. I think that half of the customs officers were corrupt to the bone and totally inhuman. I do hope that this has changed after January 2007.

Describe in a few words your best encounter with a Romanian.

I met a boy on the Metro who was most helpful providing very precise information on how to get around the city.

Describe in a few words your worst encounter with a Romanian.
No doubt that was on the train on the way back when personally I was not mistreated but I witnessed a horrific racketeering applied to a Romanian girl who refused to bribe the Customs officers and as a result was taken off the train.

Which words come to your mind when you think about Romanians in general?
warm-hearted
wild.....
dangerous....
friendly.......

Which words come to your mind when you think about Romanian women?
very beautiful.....
artistic............
wild...............
seductive...................

Which words come to your mind when you think about Romanian men?

wild............
friendly..................
dangerous..................


What is the age you associate Romania with?
the 80s of the 20th century


What is the drink you associate Romania with?

I can’t answer this question...................

What are the brands you associate Romania with?
Dacia..................

Name 3 prominent Romanians
Chaushesku..................
I’m aware there are many others but can’t name them off the top of my head...

What time of the day you associate Romania with?

3 pm..................

Name the country you associate Romania with?
I can’t answer this question ..................

What is the main difference between Romania and your country?

We are much more peaceful than the Romanians. We don’t have their wild side, which I think is to be regretted. I’d like to be a little wilder. Another difference is their perception of themselves as a great nation while we are facing a situation where more and more people are leaving the country and apart from being geographically small, the population of Bulgaria has greatly decreased over the last years. Right now we are barely one-third of the population of Romania.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home