Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Turkish female, 27

Age: 27
Sex: Female
Nationality: Turkish
Education: MA (Language and Culture), BA (Film and TV)
Occupation: Librarian, translator

What did you think about Romania and Romanians before your first contacts with this country or its inhabitants?
I knew that they were not rich. I thought that they knew how to have fun due to the gypsy image.

Did this image change after getting to know a Romanian or after visiting the country? How?
Well, I’ve learnt that they don’t like the gypsy image. From the two Romanians I met, I know that they are well educated. They still know how to have fun, and they are sincere people.

Describe in a few words your best encounter with a Romanian.
I had two Romanian friends in Sweden, and they were the ones with whom it was possible to talk friendly.

Describe in a few words your worst encounter with a Romanian.
To be honest, I don’t remember any. And if there is, it is not because of the nationality of that person probably.

Which words come to your mind when you think about Romanians in general?
honest
talkative
sincere
not egoist

Which words come to your mind when you think about Romanian women?
strong
independent
beautiful
well educated

Which words come to your mind when you think about Romanian men?
Well educated
Less dominant than women
Kind

What is the age you associate Romania with?
30-40

What is the drink you associate Romania with?
Palinka?

What are the brands you associate Romania with?
none

Name 3 prominent Romanians
Vlad Tepes
Ceausescu

What time of the day you associate Romania with?
afternoon

Name the country you associate Romania with?
Italy

What is the main difference between Romania and your country?
We are a bit more conservative I guess. More crowded and a bit less poor than Romania. This makes us more eclectic. But Romania seems to me more homogenous. I’ve never been there though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home